This post is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
Hawaii was a month away so I needed to act fast. Unfortunately, my trip to the islands had to be cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic. All I have to say is that it’s been a crazy 2020 thus far. Especially with the loss of Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna and seven others who passed away in that helicopter crash. I have to admit, I’m still having a tough time accepting it, plus I haven’t completely gotten over the death of Nipsey Hussle either.
Moving forward, I wanted to share my workout routine with you. From the beginning to the end. I’m not fitness instructor nor am I a personal trainer. I don’t even work at a gym! 🤣 But if you plan on following my routine, awesome! Remember to move slowly first then gradually increase your sets.
Please consult your physician before beginning this or any exercise program! As with any exercise program, if at any point during your workout you begin to feel faint or dizzy, or have physical discomfort, you should stop immediately.
- 20 minutes of stretching — arms, legs, your ass, your back ( I will show you how I stretch my back in another post)
- 15 minutes of jump rope (best cardio ever) or you can walk on a treadmill for an hour or…
- Do Burpees – 15 to 20 of them to get your heart going. Or…
- Shadow box! But if you have a heavy bag, that’s awesome! Put on your hand wraps, your gloves and be ready to punch the bag. Hit the bag with straight jabs for 3 minutes without stopping.
- 15 lb kettlebell workout. If you don’t own a kettlebell you can use a 15 lb dumbbell. If you would like to order a kettlebell, you can find one Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2wfRVBt
- For beginners, here’s a good 15 minute Kettlebell workout video that you can follow on YouTube: https://youtu.be/pTVZs7aYrHw
- 3 sets of 25 stomach crunches.
- Squats! This is the best exercise to tone your legs and give your butt a lift! I usually do 50 squats per workout. Sometimes more.
- Cool down
I do highly recommend the HIIT workout. HIIT means, “high-intensity interval training.” This is when you go ALL OUT. It sort of feels like you’re doing cardio level 100. The best thing about this workout is that you don’t need equipment however, expect to sweat a lot. Here is a video that will help you get started: https://youtu.be/1skBf6h2ksI
I bet you’re curious to find out what my daily diet is. Basically, I cut down on eating bad carbs (pasta, rice, bread) and replaced it with good carbs (sweet potatoes, quinoa, kidney beans – YUCK) I increased my spinach and kale intake, about 2-3 cups of greens per day. I stopped drinking soda. Whenever I wanted to get my soda fix, I would replace a Coke with sparkling water. I cut off candy! I cut off desserts. I cut off everything that could give me a cavity. I drink LOTS of water.
Working out isn’t just about losing weight or toning your arms. Working out gives you a chance learn your body and be in tune of yourself. To hit your weight loss goal, it takes discipline, determination, persistence, and consistency. Don’t get me wrong, I love the gym. The gym is my safe haven. But I also love saving money too.
You can find the cutest swimsuits here! Get $10 off your purchase when you use my promo code AMB-CRYSVENTURES! The code will apply when you tap on the link below:
I was glad to hit that goal this month!